Saturday, August 18, 2007

It's Been a While...

Sorry about the long gap inbetween posts. During the week, there's usually not too much to talk about since it's just school and finding things to eat before falling asleep. Last night, my friends and I went out to a dance club called "Crowded House," which turned out to be a lot of fun. You know me and my dance moves :-)

I'm going to the Salvation Army to volunteer today for my community service internship. I visited it on Thursday and had a small orientation as well as a trip around the orphanage. The kids are really nice and well-behaved. They were having dinner and an eleven year old boy stated that he was, "just enjoying this delicious food!" I even got to meet the new members of the orphanage, two five month old twin girls. I think today I'm going to play some soccer/football with the older boys.

Life has gotten better here. I'm enjoying myself more and I'm not paranoid every time I leave the university. I know the area more and that helps in determining how I feel about what I do.

I'm jealous of my girlfriend right now. She's surfing in the Indian Ocean! That's okay. Maybe she'll take me to the beach this weekend!

No comments: