Tuesday, August 28, 2007

We Win This City

It's been hard to find a suitable church to attend here in South Africa. Even in San Diego, I had lots of problems. I think it's because I get a bitter taste in my mouth when I hear the words, "evangelism," "win converts," and "we have loud rock music." I'm weird. I like traditional hymnal music with emergent teaching. But, as one wise man said to me, "don't look for the church, be the church." I would like to show people love and compassion and let that be a testimony. Problem is - that's really really hard to do. I suppose that's why it's easier to hand out flyers that say, "We win this city...disciple the nations" or "harvest the fields."

I had a burrito on Sunday. Beef in a tortilla. Guacamole and sour cream in a cup on the side. "Salsa" on the outside of the tortilla. NO beans, NO rice, NO lettuce...but I still enjoyed it :-)

No comments: